At GCN, we love being a part of raising up young women and men for ministry. GCN's Summer Ministry Intership Program has been going strong for over 2 decades! Want to explore what ministry might look like for you in a local church setting? Consider being an intern for the Summer!
About the Gaithersburg Church of the Nazarene:
- Located 30 minutes north of Washington DC in Maryland suburbs
- A rich history of being fully engaged in God's mission both within our local community and around the world
- We strive to be inter-generational in all aspects of our church, from worship services to serving opportunities to youth ministry, we belive that we are most faithful when we are doing life together... all ages
- A diversity of backgrounds and walks of life within a very diverse city (Gaithersburg is consistently ranked as one of the most diverse cities in America)
- Pastoral & Support Staff - 3 full-time pastoral staff, 1 volunteer pastor, an office admin and facilities overseer. You'll have the opportunity to be a part of a great staff team
- 10 weeks, 30 hours a week
- You will work with at least one other Intern. Great opportunity for teamwork!
- $1500 honorarium
- Free housing provided
- Can assist in finding additonal part-time work in area upon request
- Our primary focus would be Youth Ministry, Children's Ministry, Sports Ministry, or Worship (depending on your calling and area of giftedness), but we are open to consider other ministry opportunities as well
- Flexible work schedule
- Mentoring from Pastoral Staff with decades of experience
- Application deadline is March 24, 2019!